Wednesday, October 20, 2010

trusting my soul to the ice cream assassin...

So, I used to blog. And I loved it for a while. And then it frustrated me for a while. And then some things happened in the background of my life that made me uncomfortable blogging any more.

And then I tried blogging again. It didn't really stick. I didn't know what I wanted out of blogging, or of that blog. It never really felt like me.

So what makes this attempt different from the last? I don't know, other than this time it feels right. Maybe it's because I'm back to stillbaking. I'm back to 'work in progress'. That this is what fits. I tried to believe that my life was as it was to be and that I was no longer still baking. I thought I was fully baked cookies. But if there's one thing I've realized through these past few months is that life is ever full of changes, and chances for growth. I've realized I'm still not done baking. I'm still cookie dough. I'm still a work in progress. And I'm okay with that.  

So why Work In Progress and Stillbaking? Well, I believe life is in the journey, and I believe it’s all about what we learn along the way. I think we're all, always, works in progress. I don’t think I’ll ever think that I’m fully done, that I’ve learned all there is for me to learn, done all there is for me to do. When I first started blogging using Blogger, ‘workinprogress’ was already taken. But the concept of being ‘in progress’ was important to me. I’m also a big fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the TV show), and I got thinking about the final episode where she tells Angel that she thinks of herself as cookie dough – she’s not done baking yet. And I love cookies. So stillbaking was born...

Here's to more steps on the journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment